The Senior News editorial guidelines are simply the rules writers and contributors have to follow for publishing content. It helps ensure a consistent quality of content from multiple sources.
- The Senior News is published monthly.
- Submission deadlines for articles are due the 1st day of each month. Please note: Deadlines are a month before publication. For example, the Deadline is November 1st for the December newspaper.
- There’s no guarantee that an article will be published.
Article Length of submission
- Articles: should be no more than 250-300 words (plus one or two photos and/or artwork)
- Articles: will include a byline crediting the contributor/author’s name
- Articles: shall be about senior activities and articles related to senior issues
- Articles: that are considered advertising include selling a service or product (including emails, phone numbers, and websites) will not be published. These articles, as well as any over 350 words, will be returned for editing and resubmission in a future edition.
Editors: advertising is available and must include the words “Paid Advertising” at the top or the bottom of the page.